The 2019 Royal Adelaide Show was a great success attracting 440,000 people through the gates and 30,800 competitive entries from 61 sections. The Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of SA celebrated its 180th birthday while notching up its 244th Royal Show.
There were many highlights at the 2019 Royal Adelaide Show including:
- The successful auction of a Merino Ram fetching a modern era record of $100,000;
- Solid competitive entries were received from all livestock sections;
- The Goyder Stage performance – Greatest Musical Moments;
- The #Agsplorers Track and Yellow Brick Road continue in popularity;
- The NightShift entertainment line-up on the Main Arena presented for the first time – Barrel Racing, Bumper Bubble Blitz and Battle Royale;
- The special mid-Show entertainment program featuring child-specific entertainment including Peppa Pig, Angry Birds and Nickelodeon’s Shimmer & Shine; continues to assist in moving more attendance to the historically lower patronised week days;
- The Safari Zoo Adventure in the Goyder Plaza area provided popular life-size animatronic animals including an elephant, gorilla, giraffes, tigers, lions and zebras;
- The colourful horticultural displays, cake decorating, cookery, handicrafts, photography, art, livestock and much more provide a wonderful display for the public to enjoy.
- The commercial exhibitors in the Jubilee and Goyder pavilions, Taste SA, Farm Expo, Golden Grains and the Old Ram Shed reported solid trading, and the new layout in Taste SA presenting the Cellar Door experience up-front generated excellent feedback from the public.
Images courtesy of John Krüger.